Research & Writing
Most papers you write should have the following elements:
Introduction with a thesis
Body – Paragraphs should be structured around your key points or arguments to support your thesis.
Conclusion – Restates your thesis and key points.
1. Topic Development & Research Question
How to write a Thesis Statement (Indiana University, Bloomington)
What is APA style?
APA style is a format for academic documents such as journal articles and books. It is modified in the style guide of the American Psychological Association (APA).
Please review the GPS Academic Integrity Policy if you have any questions or concerns.
What is plagiarism and how can you avoid it?
- Video: The Punishable Perils of Plagiarism
- Council of Writing Program Administrators: Defining and Avoiding Plagiarism
- Plagiarism: What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It (Indiana University)
- Plagiarism (The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
Videos & Additional Resources
Writing Videos from Study.com
Study.com offers some very helpful videos to help with writing. They offer a free 5-day trial. You may want to consider checking out the videos below: